........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, May 17, 2010

Ben, Jerry, & Holly

We got an ice-cream maker for our wedding. Hooray for impractical wedding gifts! It came with a little recipe booklet, which we used a couple of times. But the ice-cream it produced was iffy.

Luckily, my dad is an ice-cream maker. When we were still living close by, we would drop in every Sunday for dinner and super homemade ice-cream. And then we moved. Feeling a little sentimental, I got him some ice-cream recipe books for Christmas. I accidentally read through the Ben & Jerry's one, and it was so FUNNY! It's part recipes, part biography. And I really felt that this book would be the answer to our ice-cream maker woes. So I 'earned' it by shoveling up some cat deposits on the side of our house. Evan couldn't handle it. Too 'icky'. I have a feeling I will be earning a lot of books in the coming years.

So, meet our new best friends. Ben and Jerry. They are super cool guys. And coincidentally, they are ice-cream wizards. It's a coincidence because as of last night, I am also an ice-cream wizard.


I decided to go with the Heath Bar Crunch. Because it's the first recipe in the book, and it's also their best seller.

I started by chopping up some heath bars. And I didn't even steal a little piece. Er, yeah. Didn't.

Lots of heavy cream and thirty minutes later, it's ice cream. This is the whippy wonderful goodness in all its glory. We simply couldn't believe it. Or stop eating it.

It has been decided that we are going to get some baggy t-shirts made. To go with our stretch pants. Because I'm pretty sure this is going to be a Sunday tradition at our house too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...