........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Paper Canning


There has been a little bit of studio organization going on around here. And I thought I'd share a little project I did earlier this week.

Meet my old cans. Aren't they cute?

The paper I used was printed from the sidebar of this lovely artist's blog. You can certainly use scrapbook paper, but this meant that I didn't have to leave the house. Which was a big thumbs-up.

After cutting the paper to sit comfortably outside of the can, secure one side with a little bit of tape.

And again.

What? Finished, already? See, I told you it was a little project!

The group shot. I think that if I knew exactly what was going to be in each can, I'd get some cute sticky labels and put them on the cans. But I don't know yet. So for now, it will be a guessing game every time I'm looking for one of my treasures. I'm going to use them for things like tiny fabric scraps, buttons, bobbins, embroidery floss, candy.. ya know, studio stuff.

The little hyacinth can is already in use as a pencil cup. For holding pink pencils.

For a pink flower that's in the works. How very convenient.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...