........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Chair for my Pins

I am not much for trinkets. In fact, I really prefer a clutter-free house. Which doesn't make any sense, because I am an artist, and artists thrive amid chaos, right? I guess I'm a rebel. Anyway, that's what was so exciting about my latest trip to the thrift store.

I was casually waiting by the cash register with an armload of books, just minding my own business, and that was when I spotted a tiny chair stuck behind the tacky shot glasses.

I stepped a bit closer, forfeiting my place in line.

What is that, I wondered.

I mean, it is obviously a tiny chair, but what else is it?

I had an idea.

I grabbed the chair and ran back to the craft section. I looted around and found a packet of needles. They were mostly open already. And besides, this was an emergency.

Ahha! Just what I predicted. A pin cushion! It was love at first sight.

This chair has been following my everywhere these last few days, because it makes me soooo happy just to look at it. Not only is it old and tarnished and full of character, but it is so practical. And it is definitely NOT a trinket. So rest easy everyone, I can continue my 'no trinket' policy with complete honesty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...