........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, September 10, 2010

Quilted.

Whew. She's a quilt.

Stitched together with blue thread.

Complete with two layers of cozy batting to make it a perfect weight for fall.

I'm very sentimental about things I make. It's not just the fact that I put so much time into something, but I associate all that was happening while I was in the process of making. And as for this quilt, whenever I look at it, I'll remember the fun afternoon spent fabric shopping with my Mom and Sis, and how we had to get milkshakes after (because we were so exhausted), and how we sent my little sister to get us a second order of fries, and then ate them all.

And how Evan was away with his work and I missed him so much it hurt. And how I had to sneak in quilting time during Puppy's naps (he likes to eat fabric).

All those things became part of this quilt.

And now I am officially ready for Fall. Well, after I get myself some Halloween candy I'll be ready for Fall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...