........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Castle Peeps for a little Prince

My friend Allison is having a baby this month.  A little boy.   As I was pondering what to make for baby boy, I stumbled upon this fabric, and this tutorial.  Perfect!


And so I made it.  I realize that this isn't a traditional newborn gift (Evan is really very worried about the choking hazard the little chickens might pose), but I think it will be nice to have a gift that the baby can grow in to (rather than quickly grow out of).

I made a few minor changes to the tutorial:  I used flannel instead of felt for the background, and instead of a button/handle combo, I attached some Velcro (which is hidden behind the castles), and made a little bag for holding the peeps.  Instead of using cardboard, I used some heavy interfacing.  I did this because I thought it might be more flexible and convenient to roll up the board like a burrito and stick it in a bag for playtime emergencies.

And it's really fun to play with.  Like, really really fun.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...