........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lavender Scrub


Last week, while I was feeling under the weather, I must have washed my hands at least seven million times.

And it's winter.  And it's Montana.

(My hands are dry)

So yesterday, I whipped up a little scrub.  It is heaven.


Lavender Hand Scrub:

2 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
4 T. lemon juice
plenty of lavender buds

(you could definitely substitute the lavender buds for any essential oils you have on hand.  I personally love the look and extra exfoliation the buds provide.)

Gather all ingredients and mix.  Done!  Recipe adapted from this one.

I'm thinking that this recipe will be great for making little Christmas gifts next year.  Picture this: little jam jars and a tiny spoon tied up with some pretty ribbon.  Nice!

I should probably mention that it works like a charm and left my hands feeling/smelling amazing.  My whole outlook on January has changed.  For the better.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...