........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winter is fun

Nearly every Saturday and every other Friday we hop in the car and drive to Red Lodge.  It is a happy place.  There are art galleries, chocolate shops, and most importantly, big, jagged mountains.  Happy.  And in the winter, said mountains are covered in fluffy snow.  Which is good.   Remember last year?  Yeah.  Miss it.  

This year, we decided that instead of skiing at a resort, we would do something a little bit different.


It starts in the parking lot.  We put skins on our skis.  They help us walk uphill.  Kind of freaky, no?


Up up up.  I let Evan break trail.  It helps him feel macho.


These two are always waiting for me.  But I'm taking pictures, so that's why I'm so slow.


Cute.  Two hours later we reach the top.  I feel like laying down and taking a nap.

Now comes the fun part.  Where Gesso chases Evan down the mountain.  I let him go first again.  Nice.  Really, I am just letting him trigger any avalanches.  Not so nice.




And five minutes later, we are at the bottom.  Only to start all over again.


So very worth it.  Winter is fun.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...