........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pucker Up





Ever since I saw this tutorial, I have had an intense hankering to make some lip balm I had no idea how easy it could be!  I thought I'd get a jump start on Christmas gifts for this year and this was one of my ideas.  I'm just so organized.  Just kidding.  I mostly wanted some lip balm.

I followed the recipe closely, only substituting spearmint for peppermint, and was so very pleased with how it turned out.  

Spearmint Lip Balm 
      (recipe adapted from SouleMama)

8 Tablespoons coconut oil
3 Tablespoons beeswax 
1.5 Tablespoons raw honey
30 drops spearmint essential oil

Place oil, beeswax, and honey in a double boiler.  Heat gently until everything has melted.  Remove mixture from heat, add spearmint oil.  Stir until blended.

Place the pan in a large bowl full of cold water.  Stir quickly until the mixture begins to thicken and change consistency.

Pour into containers.


The recipe fills about a dozen 1/2oz. tins.  I looked everywhere in my town and finally settled on ordering some tins from here.   Don't mind the two missing from my stacks.  Two words: Quality Control.  Someone has to do it.


Make some!  Your lips will love you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...