........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, April 25, 2011

Little Boy Blue

I am so glad I married Evan.  Really, this whole marriage thing has been one nice surprise.  One of the things I didn't anticipate before the big day however, was my newfound access to totally rad furniture.  His parents hook us up all of the time. Yay for furniture!  Yay for marrying Evan!  Yay for Evan's parents!

 This little number has been with us for several years and is a little worse for wear.  I have had an intense hankering to paint it, but have resisted only because I am something of a wood purist.   I think wood is pretty, you see.  Also, because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to paint it anything but blue.  I have a problem.

My favorite part about this table is that it opens up to store our extensive knife collection.  We are BIG into knives.   Especially butter knives.  And I know we only have one so far... but my fingers are crossed for a nice anniversary gift from Evan.  

And okay, you did see that purple velvet lining, right? Goodness!  It's fantastic!



Surprise!  


It's blue! (wait, are you surprised?)


And I love it so much I want to marry it.  Sorry Evan.

On a somewhat related note, while I was looking online for tips on 'aging' furniture, I ran across a video of a woman beating an old dresser with a rusty chain.  It was quite frightening!.  I stuck to good ol' sandpaper for little boy blue here.

p.s. Evan, I was totally joking about anniversary knives.  Please don't buy me any knives.  Buy me chocolate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...