........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

picnic please!

This project has been on my list since last summer (oops!), and I finally finished it this morning.  I found this sheet at a thrift store and it was definitely love at first sight.  It is so soft and happy that I knew right away what to make with it--a picnic blanket!  Not that we go on too many picnics around here, but I'm pretty sure it's because we didn't have a proper picnic blanket.  Yep.


I didn't want to spend too much time or money making this blanket (it is for outdoor use, after all) so I used a thrifted bedspread for the backing (hello orange!), tied it with chunky green yarn, and made bias tape from my scrap stash.  Easy!  Done!


And the very best part of all?!?  Matching pj pants (or are they picnic pants?)!  I used the flat sheet for the quilt, which left the fitted sheet without a job.   So it's new job is to be my pants. They are so so soft and only mildly offensive (Evan is still warming up to them...).  


Oh yes, we love our new picnic blanket.

p.s. is there anything better than dappled sunlight?  or a puppy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...