........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, December 8, 2011

christmas baking

I woke up this morning to the sound of neighbors shoveling snow.  I love that sound.  I didn't have anything on the agenda yet, so today was a day for baking, I quickly decided. 


Even though I make them all year round, Ginger Snaps remind me of Christmas. I made them extra small this time, a bite-sized delight!




I was looking for an excuse to make peanut butter eggs again (they're that good!), so I decided that calling them 'truffles' made them more of a holiday treat.  I'm pretty smart like that.

 

I grew up with a mom who had cookie cutters for every occasion and often hosted cookie decorating parties for the neighborhood kids.  So it would just be weird not to like sugar cookies, you know?  I used a new recipe this time which was outrageous.  The secret ingredient is sour cream!  Oh yes!
 As I was trying to decide on which colors to dye the frosting, I looked outside at the piles of fresh snow and decided to leave it white.  Because white is pretty.

My kitchen is a disaster.  And I have a stomach ache from too much sugar.  But it was so nice to stay home and bake and have the Anne of Green Gables marathon playing in the background (thank you PBS!)
As soon as the frosting sets on the sugar cookies, I am going to package everything up and wait for Evan to get home so we can fill up our sleigh...er...car and go out and deliver them to friends (just in case you were worried that I was going to eat all this by myself.  Because I definitely could!).


hope you're having a delicious holiday season!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...