........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sunday, December 4, 2011

crafting christmas--peace garland edition


I just love garlands, what can I say?  This is a project that I made a few years ago and have never shared.  And I really like it.  So I am sharing it now.  I simply cut dove silhouettes out of white felt and then stitched felt 'peace' letters on top.  I put letters of both sides, so it could be hung in a doorway or window.  I then used a cozy blanket stitch to make it come together, adding a little stuffing to the middle as I went along.  While I was going through photos to see if I had any of the garland hanging in the window (I sometimes leave it up all winter long), I came across this picture of me and my cute mom posing in front of it when she visited our rad farmhouse a few years ago.



 And yes, whenever we are together we make sure to wear matching colors :)

Peace!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...