........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

wrapping it up


 



Thank you so much for all the sympathy hugs!  It was just what I needed.  I'm feeling much better today and I even cleaned the shower!  That almost never happens.

I try to get all my holiday chores done a few weeks before Christmas (shopping, post office lines, and the like), so that I can actually enjoy this magical time of year.  Since I make almost all the gifts I give, I slowly check things off my list all year, and by the time December hits, I am finished.  I'm so glad I figured out this system, it is the only way I could do it I'm pretty sure (me + stress = ugly mess).

This was a project I did right after Christmas last year, and had kind of forgotten about.  Surprise!

I had seen fabric wrapping paper floating around the blogging world and really wanted to make some of my own.  I hit up the after-Christmas-sales last January and bought a few yards of holiday fabric, for like a zillion percent off.  I made the bags with french seams, so thread wouldn't get everywhere and hopefully they would be a bit sturdier.  I still used paper wrapping to give to family and friends (I'm not that on top of things!), but I am definitely going to get some more fabric this year and make more (you should too).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...