........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, January 16, 2012

tomatoes in january


I have a small collection of food paintings that hang on my kitchen wall (I must remember to take a photo of that!), and this is the latest installment.

Tomatoes.  I love them sooo much.

While I was working on this, I couldn't stop thinking about how nice a cherry tomato would taste.  And the next time I was at the grocery store, I accidentally bought a small container of them.  I'm actually not even sure I did it on purpose.  I got home and there they were!  Sneaky little tomatoes.

They tasted like water.  And the texture reminded me of chewing on a balloon.  It was kind of the worst tomato ever grown.

So now I have this painting to tide me over until summer.  When I can finally eat sun-warmed tomatoes that taste like tomatoes.



p.s. It's SNOWING today!  We have been having the weirdest winter ever.  60 degrees in January??  What?  Okay.  I had never experienced a mild winter before, and at first I hated it.  And then I started to really like it.  And then when I was going on walks without a coat or gloves on I absolutely loved it.

  It has been softly snowing all day and I have to admit, I am relieved winter is back.  Turns out, I had been missing it.   I just got home from a walk with my giant sled dog and when we came inside I couldn't get his collar off (frozen to his neck fur).  Hooray for winter!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...