........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, February 23, 2012

rice bags are neat









I have been using my electric hot pad quite a bit lately (sore back...) and accidentally kept falling asleep with it in bed.  Evan was worried I was going to burn myself or set the house of fire (he is our chief safety officer).  So I finally broke down and made myself a rice bag.  I had made these before for gifts, but never for myself.  And let me tell you--they are  positively splendid!  I made mine smell oh-so-delicious with lemon essential oil and plenty of lavender buds (still trying to use up my giant sack from this project).  Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I was thinking that it smelled just like a lemon cake (a sure-fire way to have sweet dreams).

To use, just remove the rice pouch from the cover and microwave for about 2 minutes.  Return to cover and relax (you deserve it!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...