........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, June 15, 2012

spatulas are for homeowners


We thought it was the biggest treat to have someone come and pack up all of our junk when we moved.  I shamelessly sat outside and read a book while eating pretzels all day as the packers delicately disassembled our house.  I know!  Princess!

But.

The only downside is that they didn't really get too specific in the labeling department.  So we have a billion boxes marked 'kitchen'.  And rather then unpack and unwrap every bit of kitchen equipment just to get to the bare necessities, we've just tried to make things work (lazy? maybe.).

And you know what?  A cheese slicer is the PERFECT spatula!  And who needs a can opener anyway?  And while we're on the subject, I haven't lost a single hair elastic or bobby pin while we've lived here because I only have three of each. 


These are my new favorite chocolate chip cookies.  They are so good!   And while I am missing my cookie scoop something fierce, I do appreciate the rustic look of spooning out my cookie dough by hand.

 
 Chocolate Chip Cookies
from 71toes

3 cubes butter
1 1/4c. sugar
1 1/4c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
lots of chocolate chips

Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes.  Do it!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...