........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

a birthday




We started the day off right with orange-dipped french toast (always a good idea).



We had to make a quick stop at the farmer's market to pick up more white peaches.  They are unbelievably fantastic.


And then we went outside!  It was just like I'd remembered!




A few months ago I found a list I'd made last year, right before my birthday.  It was 25 things about me.  I had plans to post it on the blog but then backed out because it seemed a little self-absorbed, ya know?  But after I found the list this time around I reminded myself that that's kind of the point of blogs. They are remarkably self-indulgent.  So I'd thought I'd post it a year late:


25 things about 25 year old Holly

1.  I can only sew barefoot.   It is sometimes quite cold.
2.  I lurve the color blue.  In any shade.  Well, navy isn't my favorite.
3.  I have been married to my best friend for 5 years.  It really is wonderful.
4.  I haven't eaten any type of pork since 3rd grade when I figured out that the main ingredient was pig, which was my favorite animal at the time.  I can be pretty stubborn.
5.  I hate crossing streams/creeks/rivers on logs or slippery rocks.  In fact, I throw big, messy tantrums about it.  It is the absolute worst.
6.  As it turns out, I don't really like having a job.  It gets in the way of stuff I want to do.
7.  I graduated with a degree in Art from Utah State University.  Which makes me an official artist.  I often wonder why I didn't choose a more practical vocation like, well, nursing or something.  *shrug*
8.  My favorite food is zucchini. I  could eat it all day. 
9.  My favorite snack is smaller portions of zucchini.
10.  Okay, but maybe it's actually chocolate. 
11.  I can't wait to be a mother.  I think it's going to be rad.
12.  My favorite movie is Amelie, with a close second being The Sound of Music.  I have watched it more times than I care to discuss.
13.  I love folding laundry. 
14.  I went through a phase when I was a teenager where I wore nothing but boys cargo pants and big t-shirts.  It was interesting.
15.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's a big part of who I am.
16.  I like to travel but I also like being home.
17.  My mom is a librarian and I blame her for my book-collecting problem (p.s. thanks mom!)
18.  I laugh at all my own jokes.  Usually way too loud and for way too long.
19.  I love baking.  And I think cooking is a chore.
20.  I have many freckles.  And for most of my life thought they were the worst.  Now that I am super mature, I have grown to love them!  They make me feel spunky.  And as a bonus, they hide zits very well.
21.  I think numbers are dumb.  Evan does the math at our house.
22.  I love swimming and was even on the swim team in high school, but have a fear of swimming in natural bodies of water where you can't see the bottom.  Eek!!  What's down there?!? (answer: sharks)
23.  I have a big brother, a little brother, and a baby sister. 
24.  I was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and when I moved to Utah in 3rd grade I told everyone that I had just moved from Mexico.  I guess this is where I should mention that I'm a pretty good liar.  Sometimes not on purpose.
25.  I love me some butter.  On everything.

and 26.  I write so many lists you'd think it was my job.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...