........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, August 13, 2012

I got my degree in painting...

...not that it really helped that much when it came to painting our new house.  But.  I was sure to remind Evan of that little fact every time he questioned my skills.

So.  Every surface in our house was painted a dark beige, which would have been fine if I wasn't such a brat and insisted on white ceilings and colorful walls.  I had no idea how annoying it is to paint a ceiling!  Especially when they're tall ceilings and you're really not super tall to begin with.  But we had just a few days before we needed to move all of our belongings inside, and so kept our heads down and painted the dang ceilings.



Smarty-pants Evan found a program where we could upload photos of the rooms we were going to paint and try out different colors, so we actually bought all the paint weeks before we moved in.

We used non-voc paint so it was super safe for this pregnant mama to help out.


Poor Gesso.  He has had some anxiety issues since we moved to Walla Walla.  You see, he is afraid of boxes.  And packing tape.  And box cutters.  And anything that makes a loud noise.  And anything that isn't in it's normal place.   When things got to be too much for the old guy he had no choice but to pass out in the backyard.


We have been busy putting things in their proper place and I still can't believe how lucky we are to live in such a nice house.  It's like I'm an adult!  Hopefully I'll get some photos up soon of all our progress.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...