........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, August 30, 2012

sweet home :: a dining room


I don't know why it's taken so long for us to get this house feeling like a home, I mean, yes I do.  It's because we painted every dang wall and then had to order/buy all sorts of finishing touches.  Which is something we'd never done before.  So that's why.  But still!  It feels like it's taken a while.  Also, I think I am coming to embrace the 'slow realization' of a place--not rushing to say 'okay! it's done!' as soon as I possibly can.  Man, that makes me sound patient! (oh, I'm not, in case you were fooled).


So before.  I didn't snap a ton of before photos of the house, mostly because it all kind of looked the same.  Very beige-ish.


We painted the walls and ceiling (oh someone please comment on how great the ceiling looks!  It was such a PAIN IN THE NECK to paint!).  And I'm afraid we need to find a rug for under the table because that's where all of Gesso's fur goes to party.  It comes from all over the house to stick to the chair bottoms and dance around under there.  It's super disgusting (do you think he would look creepy if we shaved him???).  Also I read somewhere about how it's good to add rugs under tables to add 'texture' to the room or blah blah blah blah something like that.




I really was looking forward to finally having a place to hang all of the food paintings!  (I like food.)  We decided that they needed to have frames to live in so I drove to the big city last week (all by myself!), and picked some up at the Hobby Lobby for pretty dang cheap.


So there's that.  A room for eating. 

 P.s. this is the room where I shot Evan's finger with a nail gun. I promise it was an accident and he's doing just fine (physically and emotionally). Also, I've decided to go hard-core Amish, no more power tools for me, thanyouverymuch.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...