........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, September 10, 2012

sweet home :: a family room






Green!
Believe me, I was just as surprised as you are.  When we were neck-deep in the house hunting process, I came across a listing that had pictures of the living area painted a nice avacado green.  I pursed my lips, furrowed my brown, tilted my head, and then decided that I liked it.  Really really liked it.  So after a little bit of Evan-convincing, we set out to find the perfect green.  I had a hard time trying to capture it's true essence in photos, so just picture a very delicious bowl of guacamole (there's no chunks of tomato or bits of cilantro in it, mind you), and that's pretty much what it looks like in real life.  Finger-lickin' good.

And because Evan had had it up to here (hand raised to eye-brows) with our last 'rug' (okay okay, he did have a point, most rugs aren't made of recycled plastic bottles), when we were moving things in, he kept on walking with the rolled up 'rug' right past the family room and put it out on the patio.  

So.  New rug time.  I really did some extensive research and finally settled on a nice neutral one (that wouldn't compete with those crazy walls) that feels like a real rug.  Oh man, it's pretty nice to have a soft, squishy rug!  Evan was super right.  Gesso likes it too (and we think he's mature enough to not chew it up this time around.  ahem.)


When we were painting the walls we had a few "ooooohhhh man, what are we doing?!"  moments, but I am really pleased with how it turned out.  It's bold and happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...