........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday, October 26, 2012

unfinished business



I have quite a long list of things to get done before January 9th.  Mostly they are quite practical and rational, ya know, nesting-putting-my-house-in-order type of things.   But replacing invasive-species Toadflax in the wildflower series was at the top of the list.  The Toadflax was one of the first wildflowers I drew and Evan tried to tell me that it was actually a weed and not a Rocky Mountain Wildflower, but I am really quite stubborn and wanted to draw it anyway (it's pretty!).  So I did. 
 Fast forward to two summers ago and everytime we would go to the mountains there would be big posters of Toadflax with a big "x" through it, telling people to KILL it if they saw it.  

oh.  

So whenever I sent off a package to Wild Hands, I quietly left that flower out of the mix.  


This is a Wallflower.  And it's a wildflower, NOT a weed.


 I have been wanting to start a new art project, but I knew I had to finish up this business first.

Check!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...