........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thursday, May 23, 2013

rug rehab

So the thing about dogs is that they eat really gross things and then throw-up all over your house.  It's the dumbest.  And Gesso didn't waste any time throwing up on our dining room rug.  I tried my darndest to clean it up, but jute isn't very conducive to scrubbing and it left a weird stain anyway.  Womp womp.



Now I know that rugs under eating tables are kind of impracticle, but believe me when I say that without one it turns into a giant hairy mess under there.  So we need a rug.   And I couldn't really stand the stain (of course he ralphed right by my chair), and I didn't want to buy another rug.  So I decided to paint it instead.



It was as easy as picking up a couple of tubes of brown paint and some circle sponges and going to town.  It took forever, so it was nice that my mom was in town to babysit my baby.


I went through a few different stages of love/hating it, but in the end I like it!  I think it's a little spunky and not too much like a kindergarten art project (right?!).  


If I use my imagination it looks like we're eating dinner on a bed of river rocks.  Fun!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...