........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

skyscapes

Last March I started painting again. 

 After experiencing my first northwest winter and not seeing much besides fog or heavy fog for way too long, I couldn't help myself when Spring came and the sun and puffy clouds came out with it.  I have sooo many pictures of the clouds from last spring!  It's really funny for me to look back on them again -- it was like I was afraid it wasn't going to last for long and I had to capture it or something.  I was obsessed and so so happy to see the sky again!  


Here is just one of the sky pictures I snapped ^^^  Can't you just feel how everything is so happy the sun is out?!

And then I ordered a bunch of square foot birch panels (Evan was super thrilled I wasn't going to make him build them for me!) and got to work.  I decided that I wanted to just practice and get comfortable with painting clouds.  So there wasn't really any pressure or anything.  And I just painted over them if I wasn't happy with how they turned out. 


And now I'm done!  haha.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with a whole pile of cloud paintings, but I'm so glad I just kept painting clouds over and over again, I learned so much!


I did six paintings at a time, and would squeeze in 30 minute painting sessions during naptime or whenever I had a spare second (for the record, it is not a good idea to paint when the baby is awake!).  





At first I really hated whenever I had to paint the land, because I just wanted to paint clouds ya know!  And then I got to be okay with it.  But I really would rather paint the sky.




This one is my personal favorite and it's for Harvey.  My mom wrote each of her kids lullaby's, and I thought I could give my babies their own paintings.  It has a really sappy love note written on the back.  I hope he keeps it forever.

Happy Spring!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...